In order to achieve peak performance, an athlete’s training program needs to be periodized according to the demands of their sport as well as their individual development needs. The Performance Planning module allows coaches to reflect on the structure of a yearly plan and appropriately sequence training and development priorities so as to achieve peak performance.
After completing the NCCP Performance Planning module, you will be able to:
- perform a thorough analysis of the demands of your athletes’ sport at the elite (high performance) level;
- outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities;
- identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within our own program;
- integrate yearly training priorities into your own program;
- organize and sequence training priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations; and
- evaluate the ability of your athletes or team to perform up to their potential in competition.
Note: this module includes a two-hour pre-workshop session.
This course is delivered by the Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representatives of the Coaching Association of Canada. You will be taken to a 3rd party website to register.
Available times and locations