This module will take place over three consecutive weeks. Participants must attend all sessions to receive credit.
Plan an Equestrian Practice helps coaches develop the skills needed to plan a practice (lesson) that meets the standard of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and to develop an Emergency Action Plan.
This module prepares coaches to plan safe and effective lessons. The Equestrian Canada NCCP Plan an Equestrian Practice module will prepare you to:
- Explain the importance of logistics in the development of a practice (lesson) plan
- Establish an appropriately structured lesson and identify appropriate activities in accordance with EC's LTED Framework
Plan an Equestrian Practice will give you the skills to:
- Organize a well-structured practice (lesson) plan with safe, age-appropriate activities you've designed to match the proficiency level of participants
- Identify potential risk factors that could impact the sport and practice activities
- Create an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Identify practice goals and design activities that offer the best training benefits for the athletic skills required in your sport
Certification Contexts: Instructor; Competition-Coach; Competition Coach Specialist
Available Times And Locations